Just like every muscle in the body, the mind needs to be exercised to gain strength. It needs to be worked consistently to grow and develop over time.
Remember, that just because the world around you is confusing and chaotic, doesn’t mean the world within you has to be too.
Mental strength is built through lots of small positive daily habits. It’s the individual choices we make day-to-day that build a strong supportive mindset.
Unfortunately, you can’t wish your way to it. If you want it, you have to practice and take small steps daily to reinforce it.
Today I’m going to share 5 daily habits you can begin practicing today that will train your brain to have more strength and endurance for everyday life.
Are you ready?
Here we go…
5 Simple Activities That Will Increase Your Mental Strength
1. Stretch your body first thing in the morning. It will send a loving signal to your mind and body that you take yourself seriously + it will energize you to kick-start your day in the most positive way. Make sure to breathe deeply while you stretch. If you´re busy in the morning, just do 5-10 minutes.
2. Write down 5 things you are truly grateful to have in your life. Then close your eyes for a few moments and SEE what you wrote for your inner vision. See it, feel it and give thanks. The key to creating a better life for yourself is to first be thankful for all that you already have.
3. Fuel your mind with positive affirmations and kind words. Say out loud kind things about yourself. The more you focus on your abilities, your potential, and your positive assets the stronger your mindset will be. Whenever you catch yourself saying negative things about yourself, other or life in general – take a moment to reframe it and turn it into a positive thought.
4. Meditate every day – even for just 5-10 minutes. You can use one of the popular meditation apps like Calm, Headspace or Breathe2Relax. Your mind needs peace and quietness to grow stronger. It´s when you allow yourself to be present and slow down you connect with the voice of your soul – and that´s where your true power is located.
5. Write down your most desired goals every evening before bedtime. Psychological studies show you become 42% more likely to achieve your goals and dreams, simply by writing them down on a regular basis. This is significant because if you just THINK about one of your goals or dreams, you’re only using the right side of your brain, which is your imaginative center. But, if you think about something that you desire, and then write it down, you also tap into the power of your logic-based left side brain. Just the act of writing down your dreams and goals can add an entirely new dimension of consciousness, ideas and productivity to the powerhouse that is your subconscious mind.
If you like this article, you might also enjoy 10 daily success habits for creatives with big ambitions
With Love & Passion