The purpose of this list is to inspire you to think differently and to help you focus on what´s most important in your photography journey. We all need to be reminded of good habits, and positive thinking from time to time, right 🙂
Are you ready? Okay, let´s get started…
1. No matter the situation, there is always a way to make it beautiful. Sometimes you just need to look at the world from a different view, and suddenly it will all make sense.
2. You don’t need, to tell the truth in a picture, but you need to be true to yourself when you shoot it.
3. Focus on being you and bring YOU into your pictures. If you look too much at others work, you will bring too much of their vision into your own work.
4. Most photographers are not born great. They become great by growing into their potential. When you put in the effort, put in the work, when you keep experimenting, learning, testing and when you keep playing with your camera – you will grow, and you will become better.
5. Failing is not failing – it´s learning. Failure mostly happens when you step out into unknown territory and experiment with things – what you learn from this is valuable. The sooner you fail, the sooner you can not fail.
6. In a portfolio, a few beautiful photographs will have a better impact, than 100 average pictures with a few winners. Make sure your portfolio only showcases your best work.
7. You don´t need to be an annoying sales person to get people to book you, all you have to do is to express enthusiasm and excitement. Nothing is more attractive than a person who oozes passion and energy.
8. Don’t be scared to start something you don’t know how to do (yet). You´ll learn along the way.
9. To run a successful business, you need to avoid stress and make sure that you are happy and relaxed. Remember, an over-stressed mind cannot think creatively, and your inner passion/creativity battery will shut down.
[wc_box color=”primary” text_align=”left” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” class=””]
Free Resources for Creatives. Join Christina´s FREE membership club Creative Women Entrepreneurs and get access to workbooks, mini-trainings, worksheets and checklists – carefully designed to help you THRIVE in BIZ + LIFE. Join TODAY – it´s 100% FREE!
10. Trust that the answers are coming to you; sitting in a workspace isn’t necessarily the best place for that to happen. Get up, get out, and maybe your big break is outside waiting for you.
11. Have fun. You always find a way, even when you think you won’t.
12. Specialize! It not only helps you become more skilled, but it also allows you to increase your prices and charge accordingly for the services that you offer.
13. When there is trouble coming your way, the best way to handle it is to do something about it right away! The best time to solve a problem is now – not tomorrow or in a few weeks – but right now.
14. Help those who are starting out. Nothing you do is precious enough to be kept hidden: the real value is in the way you do it.
15. When something doesn’t feel right, that’s reason enough. And that is the only reason you need.
16. Being the best also requires you to take breaks when needed. Make sure you rest when needed. Doing so lets you walk the longer mile ahead.
17. Learn to say “I’m a photographer” out loud with a straight face. If you can’t say it and believe it, you can’t expect anyone else to, either.
18. Spend money on equipment only when you’ve outgrown your current equipment, and you’re being limited by it.
19. Don´t try to sell yourself. Focus on serving and adding value and your business will grow.
20. The moment you realize that being creative is about enjoying the process – not the end result, then you´ll truly boost your creative mind! Getting caught up in perfectionism will slowly drain you of creative energy!
21. Don´t photograph for perfection – photograph for emotions. The emotions people feel when they see your work, is what makes them buy.
22. Do not undervalue your work (selling yourself to cheap won´t give you success – only the wrong clients). Make sure you charge what your worth + charge for your time.
23. Love your network. Don´t ask what your network can do for you, but what you can do for them.
24. Be sure to shoot what YOU love. Do what you feel in your heart to get it right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.
25. Never compare your journey with someone else’s. It’s a marathon with no finish line. Someone else may start out faster than you, may seem to progress more quickly than you, but every photographer has his/her own pace. Your journey is your journey, not a competition. You will never “arrive.” No one ever does.
26. Being grateful boosts happiness. Happiness enhances creativity. Make sure to count your blessings and do activities that put a smile on your face.
I hope you enjoyed reading this inspiring list. Now it´s time for a little assignment!
I challenge you to pick the 3 statements that actually speaks to you.
Write them down on a post-it and hang them on your wall or computer screen. Get used to them and repeat them daily so you can become stronger and more confident.
I promise it will make an impact!
You might also like: